I’ve decided to do a Best Of 2009 list. The following books were all published in 2009.
Disclaimer: There are a ton of books I haven’t read yet that I have heard are excellent, so this list could change in a month or two.
- Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins- I just love this series, I don’t think I’ve blogged about it yet, look for that soon. This is the sequel to the Hunger Games, and if you haven’t read it, run to the library and grab a copy, you won’t regret it. Reality TV featuring a fight to the death, yeah it’s awesome.
- Wintergirls by Laurie Halse Anderson- I did blog about this one, read about it here. This book is truly special and I think its impact will be far reaching and we’ll be hearing about it for years to come.
- We Were Here by Matt de la Pena- I haven’t blogged about this book yet, but I did blog about meeting Matt, you can read about it here. Miguel will be in your heart long after finishing this book. If you click on the link you can get this book in MelCat, it’s on order for us, so check back.
- If I Stay by Gayle Forman- The movie rights for this book were purchased before the book was released, so I’m sure you’ll love this one. Mia is involved in a terrible car accident in the beginning of the book in which her parents die. As doctors struggle to save her life, she watches the scene unfold from above.
- North of Beautiful by Justina Chen Headley- You may remember this book from my first ever vlog, but there is so much more in this story besides geocaching.
- Twenty Boy Summer by Sarah Ockler- I just finished this one, so no blog yet, but soon I promise. This is a love story that is filled with grief, friendship, and growing and the backdrop of California will make you want to pack a bag.
- Eli the Good by Silas House- This book took me by surprise. I picked it up because it has a beautiful cover, what I didn’t expect was a beautiful story. The story is actually told mainly by a 10 year old, but it is one of my new favorite coming of age stories.
- Splendor by Anna Godbersen- This is the 4th book in the Luxe series, I blogged about the first book here. Unfortunately this is the last in the series, but what a ride it was. This series is a complete guilty pleasure.