Early Days of Schools in Monroe
1819 – First school held on the south side of the river in a brick building.
1827 – Michigan Legislation authorized townships to employ schoolmasters who were paid by the
Butterflies at the Branches
The River Raisin Institute shares its Flight of the Butterflies project with branches of the Monroe County Library System. The sculptures...Read more